axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Mitchell <kevin.mitch...@xmls.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] 1 Msg or 2
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 17:06:38 GMT
+1 for two messages presented thru the MessageContext. One message will
likely lead to undo complication in the public API to manage the original
state vs the current state.

However, I think it should be possible to modify the original message and
send it as the response, without instantiating two distinct message
objects. I imagine this will be especially efficient for intermediaries
that peform specific processing as directed by header entries, remove
those header entries, and pass the message on or fault.  In this case a
good portion of the original message may be retained verbatim. Examples
are authentication or routing intermediaries.

On 2/1/01, 9:37:55 AM, Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com> wrote regarding [Vote] 1
Msg or 2: