axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject headers and streaming ..
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:19:51 GMT
I am currently under the impression that one of the reasons that
Axis won't be fully streaming based is because of the header
processing semantics of SOAP (mustUnderstand etc.). If that's not
the case please hit delete.

If it is the case, then maybe some of you guys should post some
notes to xml-dist-app to try to get XP (or is it XProt now?) to
not have the same troublesome header handling semantics as SOAP.

A non-streaming SOAP impl will always have severe performance
difficulties IMO. Yes, I've joined Sam's camp (ok, for this issue
anyway).

Sanjiva.