axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glen Daniels" <gdani...@allaire.com>
Subject VOTE: Coding style
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 01:31:40 GMT
I'd like to come to closure on this.  I will be willing to do the research
to get a formatter working with CVS, but obviously we'll need to clear it
with the Apache guys to make sure it's OK to install.

So, the VOTE - do you want to see an automated formatter be applied to all
source code (*.java) as part of the CVS checkin?

I'll start with : +1.  (If we do this, I'll run the indenter over all the
existing code once it's working)

Can we also take an official poll on coding style?  I propose that we all
take a look at the Java coding conventions at
http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html and agree to try
and use them, adding the prescription that 4-space tabs MUST be used, with
NO tab characters.

Indentation issues are really the key to CVS confusion, and so if we use an
auto-indenter, that should take care of that problem.  Other coding style
stuff is nice, but not as critical.

        --G