axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Multiple RPCs
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:07:26 GMT
Actually I don't think you're right - they're not talking just
about messaging at that point - they do talk about RPC in that
same section.  Section 4.3:
    Typical uses of the Body element include marshalling
    RPC calls and error reporting
When I read the spec, including section 7.1 (RPC and SOAP Body),
I see plurals being used - maybe it's a mistake, maybe I'm reading
too much into it - but what I really don't understand is the
strong objects to this.  If no one sends us multiple RPCs in the
SOAPBody then the code in there will never get used and there's
no harm done.  If someone does send us a SOAPBody with multiple
RPCs we have logic in there now that does something with it - if
people don't like our semantics then they're free to not use it
or they can write their own handler.  I'm not suggesting that we
spend a lot of time on this (either in discussions or in coding),
*I'm mean let's get real* - the code is already in there!!!!
And the semantics are not exactly hard to understand - if people
don't like it then don't use it.  I can't believe we're arguing
over whether to write code that's already been written.  8-)
-Dug

"Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com> on 01/30/2001 12:37:52 AM

Please respond to soap-dev@xml.apache.org