axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [AXIS ARCH] - Message Internals
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 01:18:05 GMT
James Snell wrote:

> I just took at really quick browse through the code... it looks nice.  A
> couple of basic questions:
>
> 1. do you have any performance metrics?

i have done some performance testing with different XML parsers on SOAP
messages about 4 months ago - results and source  is available at
http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~aslom/exxp/ -  i will update results for new
version of XML pull parser soon.

> 2. does this support multiple encodings (UTF8, etc)?

Java version does not have a problem - it is working directly with Reader or
on char[].

in C++ i have defined macros to hide char/w_char_t differences but it was
never tested. however i have only one function that is providing all input
to tokenizer and can be easily modified to parse UTF8 or process UNICODE:
    SXT_CHAR more() throw ( XmlTokenizerException ) {..}

> 3. does this have full support for namespaces?

it is fully following xml namespace recommendation.

thanks,

alek
--
Aleksander Slominski, IU, http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~aslom
As I look afar I see neither cherry Nor tinted leaves Just a modest hut