axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Zeman, Vaclav" <Vaclav.Ze...@ca.com>
Subject Axis2/C
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 08:33:48 GMT
Hi.

Here at CA Technologies, we are looking for a library to support our SOAP client side code.
I have come across Apache Axis C++ and Apache Axis2/C. What is the relation between the two
libraries? With the “2” in the name, Axis2/C gives me impression of being maintained and
more current. Is my impression correct?

We are looking for a cross platform library. Our range of platforms is at least Windows, Linux,
Solaris and HP-UX. Does Axis2/C support all of these or more?

We are also looking for a library with features. The features we are looking for are HTTP
proxy authentication, NTLM authentication, Kerberos authentication. Are these features supported?

One thing that concerns me with Axis2/C is that the last release (1.6.0) was in 2009. I have
checked mailing list archives and there is some activity. Why has the least release been so
long ago?

While browsing the mailing list archives, I have noticed a bug report of Solaris compilation
failure. Since Solaris is one of the platforms that we need to support, this looks like Axis/C
1.6.0 would not support it out of the box. Assuming the problem is fixed in development sources
in your subversion repository, we could use development sources. Though that gives me less
confidence in recommending Axis2/C for our use. Are trunk/head development sources stable
for production use?

--
VZ