axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Douglas, Darren J" <Darren.Doug...@ca.com>
Subject RE: Problem with SSL
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 14:51:04 GMT
You have a configuration error, you have to have the correct path and file information in the
SSL config section.

Good luck, I found the SSL support at  to have a large number of problems, its not thread
safe, it leaks the transmission buffer like 50k per transaction and they did not implement
the opensll locking functions so it crashes under load.

Darren Douglas
ca technologies
508-628-8380

-----Original Message-----
From: Emanuele Benedetti [mailto:benem@mclink.it]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:44 AM
To: c-user@axis.apache.org
Subject: Problem with SSL

Hi All

I've written a SOAP client using Axis2c.

It makes SSL connections with the SOAP server.

Everything was working well 'till some day when something is changed in the server side and
now after few hours the SSL sinchronization is lost and the client cannot send messages anymore.

I have to restart the client.

I have not control over the SSL engine as I only send the SOAP request and the SSL is activated
with the correct directives in axis2.xml configuration file.

Also the error I receive is quite general and doesn't help.

The error is also quite difficult to trace as when a write error occours in axis2 (for whatever
reason), it try to read the response anyway so the error return to the application is "http_client.c(548)
A read
attempt(HTTP) for the reply without sending the request" hiding the real error.

Looking at the axis2 trace log I found that the first time the error occours it is a generic
"Error occurred in SSL engine" on file ssl_utils.c line 153 without any os or ssl error number.

But any subseguent send tentative print the error "[ssl client] Loading client certificate
failed , key file <path to private key>" suggesting that the SSL engine is screwed in
some way.

How identify and recover from this error? I'm not an SSL expert but I'm sure that there must
be a way.

I'm using Axis2c 1.6

Thanks.

--