axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Michael Tyler - ISD <Michael.Ty...@wal-mart.com>
Subject RE: Trying to get the username in the web service
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 19:10:53 GMT
Ok, after many hours of work and searching to no avail thus prompting the email, I just found
this.

http://wso2.org/library/3096

Guess I should have asked the question earlier! ;-)

L. Michael Tyler, II
System Analyst - ISD Aps Dev Store Systems Services
Phone 479.277.2811
BlackBerry 479.420.3798
Michael.Tyler@wal-mart.com<mailto:Michael.Tyler@wal-mart.com>
page Tyler Michael<mailto:pageLMTYLER>

From: Michael Tyler - ISD
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 1:36 PM
To: axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Trying to get the username in the web service

Folks,

What I am trying to do is build a way to track which user calls which operation within the
service.

I am attempting to determine what the username was that was setup in the rampart structure
from within the web service.

>From within the service_invoke function I am doing this:

                        conf_ctx = axis2_msg_ctx_get_conf_ctx( msg_ctx, env );

                        if( conf_ctx == NULL )
                        {
                                Log( "Failed to find configuration context" );
                        }
                        else
                        {
                                Log( "about to get axis2_conf_ctx_get_conf" );

                                conf = axis2_conf_ctx_get_conf( conf_ctx, env );

                                if( conf == NULL )
                                {
                                        Log( "Failed to get axis2_conf_ctx_get_conf" );
                                }
                                else
                                {
                                        Log( "about to get axis2_conf_get_security_context"
);

                                        rampart_context =
                                                ( rampart_context_t * )axis2_conf_get_security_context(
                                                conf
                                                , env
                                        );

                                        if( rampart_context  == NULL )
                                        {
                                                Log( "Failed to find security param" );
                                        }

The rampart_context is NULL;

I have found this in axis2c/src/core/engine/conf.c

/* This is a hack to keep rampart_context at client side */
    void *security_context;

Is this possible?  Does anyone have an example?  Is this a security issue?

L. Michael Tyler, II
System Analyst - ISD Aps Dev Store Systems Services
Phone 479.277.2811
BlackBerry 479.420.3798
Michael.Tyler@wal-mart.com<mailto:Michael.Tyler@wal-mart.com>
page Tyler Michael<mailto:pageLMTYLER>

individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
destroy it immediately.
*** Walmart Confidential ***