axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <dami...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Do not want some application code to be executed for each request
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 07:03:12 GMT
On 12/30/2011 03:59 PM, Pankaj Kharwal wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have an application written in C/C++ (runs as a webservice) which
> was previously running on some other platform. Now, the application
> has been ported to Linux and now we are using AXIS2C 1.6.0. So far, I
> have been successful in running the application on AXIS2C with minor
> glitches.
>
> However, the application has some constructors which query tables
> (heavy SELECTS) and based on the data read from the tables, the
> application processes the request. The problem is that when I fire a
> request, AXIS2C executes these constructors for each request. This is
> not desirable because I do not want these heavy SELECTs to be executed
> each time the request comes to AXIS since it takes upto 3 seconds for
> the constructors to execute the SQL SELECTs.
>
> Is there any way to call these constructors only at the start of AXIS
> engine and save this as a context to be used by the upcoming requests?

try using AXIS2_SVC_SKELETON_INIT_WITH_CONF.
Use this just like AXIS2_SVC_SKELETON_INIT method except that axis2_conf
struct is passed to this method. Store whatever things you need to
keep between requests as parameter in axis2_conf struct.
See a sample service like math to see how init function can be used.
init and init_with_conf are called only at service load time.

Damitha

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Pankaj Kharwal
>
> Stockholm, Sweden