axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Jose M Medina V <jose_med...@wesamconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Axis2c and deflate_module
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 18:42:52 GMT
Looking over internet I find a jira case similar with my situation.

The case is Axis2-C AXIS2C-1387

They suggest a path to solve the problem; so I will apply the path and see If solve the problem.

Regards,

On Nov 10, 2011, at 9:37 AM, Stadelmann Josef wrote:

> Hi José
>
> The body part as a whole. OK
>
> You say: when I receive a request. So your saying that the axis server is in error, does
not know that it gets zipped stuff?

> Or are you saying that the server zipped the content and at the client you'l get an error.
>
> Which axis log are you referring to – server or client side?
>
> Just ZIPPING an xml, such as soap-body is can easy lead to problems if one of the parser
in the chain is engaged at the wrong moment, the wrong sequence, and catches on a zipped binary
stream. An xml parser cannot work on zipped data.

> I would go for MTOM.
>
> Doing zip and unzip in the proper order is definitely a job for MTOM.
>
> How shall axis2 or one of its message receiver know where the zipped section in a stream
of bytes starts/ends? Axis for sure has no clue about that. But MTOM has.

> I would read the article at : http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/mtom-guide.html
>
> And then do some MTOM examples and compare the message size.
>
> Going for MTOM means you can be confident that this works and you are in-line with axis2
>
> Josef

very similar. Isla Margarita is a very nice place to live and I hope that you have an opportunity
to go there.

> Returning to your question I thing the most approach answers is the option a. Basically
we want to reduce the size of the xml use to transmit information over the network, so we
activate deflate_module in apache server and all the answer of the server are zipped very
well, but when I receive a request with the xml zipped we get an HTTP 500 error code and in
the axis.log file I get the following:

> -- SEVERITY_ERROR
> [Tue Nov  8 11:41:40 2011] [error] libxml2_reader_wrapper.c(464)  error occurred in reading
xml stream
> [Tue Nov  8 11:41:40 2011] [critical] soap_builder.c(887) SOAP message does not have
a SOAP envelope element
> [Tue Nov  8 11:41:41 2011] [debug] apache2_worker.c(238) http://192.168.194.15:8081/axis2/services
> [Tue Nov  8 11:41:41 2011] [debug] apache2_worker.c(280) Client HTTP version HTTP/1.1
> [Tue Nov  8 11:41:41 2011] [error] libxml2_reader_wrapper.c(990) Document is empty
>
> Regards,
>
> On Nov 9, 2011, at 4:01 AM, Stadelmann Josef wrote:
>

> Hi José
>
> I would really read about MTOM and SwA first,
> if you have not already done so take: http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/mtom-guide.html
>
> My name is José too, and I live in Switzerland, while my brother Paul lives in Venezuela
/ Isla Margarita / Juan Griego.

> A SOAP Message has an Envelop which has a Header-Part and a Body-Part.
> The Header as well as the Body is a made of <xml-tags>with  values</xml-tags>
(you know that).

> The question is: what do you like to compress.
>
> a)     The full body-part as a whole
> b)    <xml-tag-1>compressed-data-1-is-here</xml-tag-1>
> c)     <xml-tag-2>reference to a compressed binary attachment is here</xml-tag-2>
>
> Depending on what you need and want the approach might be different. If that does not
help a bit, lets discuses again

> Josef

result of the service are compresses as well.

> The idea is to use httpd, mod_deflate to do that.
>
> I do the configuration in the httpd.conf, and the server respond in compressed mode,
but I can’t configure to receive the info compressed.

> Thank in advance.
>

> P.D: Sorry for my bad English

> José M. Medina V.
> Wesam Consulting
> jose_medina@wesamconsulting.com
> Mobile: +58(416)613-3302 +58(414)019-0580
> Ofc:     +58(212)959-4155 Ext. 204
> BB pin: 21EEDDB5
> Caracas - Venezuela

> José M. Medina V.
> Wesam Consulting
> jose_medina@wesamconsulting.com
> Mobile: +58(416)613-3302 +58(414)019-0580
> Ofc:     +58(212)959-4155 Ext. 204
> BB pin: 21EEDDB5
> Caracas - Venezuela

José M. Medina V.