axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <dami...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Axis2c basic Hello example
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 05:55:44 GMT
Hi Mark,
I generated service and client from the wsdl you sent and it work fine
for me.
I have attached the work. Note that I did this in Linux, but I guess
there is no reason it should go wrong in windows.

Damitha
Mark_Chimley@trendmicro.com wrote:
> Damitha,
>
> Thanks for the advice. I've looked at the Calculator example and that's certainly been
helpful for trying to formulate the WSDL correctly, however, I'm still getting the same error
in Axis ("http_transport_utils.c(2557) Service or operation not found") and a null error in
the SOAP call. Here's the WSDL I'm now using:

xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:tns="http://ukmrc-fs-01/axis2/services/hello" xmlns:tm="http://microsoft.com/wsdl/mime/textMatching/"
xmlns:mime="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/mime/" targetNamespace="http://ukmrc-fs-01/axis2/services/hello"
xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">
>   <wsdl:types>
>     <s:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://ukmrc-fs-01/axis2/services/hello">
>       <s:element name="greet">
>         <s:complexType>
>           <s:sequence>
>             <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="greeting" type="s:string"
/>
>           </s:sequence>
>         </s:complexType>
>       </s:element>
>       <s:element name="greetResponse">
>         <s:complexType>
>           <s:sequence>
>             <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="greetResponse" type="s:string"
/>
>           </s:sequence>
>         </s:complexType>
>       </s:element>
>     </s:schema>
>   </wsdl:types>
>   <wsdl:message name="greetSoapIn">
>     <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="tns:greet" />
>   </wsdl:message>
>   <wsdl:message name="greetSoapOut">
>     <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="tns:greetResponse" />
>   </wsdl:message>
>   <wsdl:portType name="helloPortType">
>     <wsdl:operation name="greet">
>       <documentation xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">User Authentication</documentation>
>       <wsdl:input message="tns:greetSoapIn" />
>       <wsdl:output message="tns:greetSoapOut" />
>     </wsdl:operation>
>   </wsdl:portType>
>   <wsdl:binding name="helloSoapBinding" type="tns:helloPortType">
>     <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" style="document"
/>
>     <wsdl:operation name="greet">
>       <soap:operation soapAction="hello#greet" style="document" />
>       <wsdl:input>
>         <soap:body use="literal" />
>       </wsdl:input>
>       <wsdl:output>
>         <soap:body use="literal" />
>       </wsdl:output>
>     </wsdl:operation>
>   </wsdl:binding>
>   <wsdl:service name="hello">
>     <wsdl:port binding="tns:helloSoapBinding" name="helloSOAPport_http">
>         <soap:address location="http://ukmrc-fs-01/axis2/services/hello"/>
>     </wsdl:port>
>   </wsdl:service>
> </wsdl:definitions>
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark.

on my system. I'm using a binary installation of Axis in Ubuntu obtained through aptitude.
I assumed the version would be 1.6.0 but now I'm beginning to wonder because my Axis libs
are post-fixed "0.6.0" so that might be something I need to check in Ubuntu.

>> I have made the Apache configuration changes as described in section 3.2 of the installation
guide and I've compiled the Hello example server code and placed it in services/hello. Unfortunately,
no wsdl seems to have been provided for the Hello example. I've therefore attempted to write
this myself. Note that the ../axis2/services page responds correctly and I can obtain the
wsdl with ../axis2/services/hello?wsdl so I believe Apache is correctly configured to use
Axis.

>> Calling the web service from a client (built in Visual Studio using code generated
from the wsdl) results in an unexpected null value in the SOAP which causes an error. I also
get an error in /tmp/axis2.log: "http_transport_utils.c(2557) Service or operation not found".

>> I suspect my attempt at creating the wsdl for the Hello example may well be wrong
so it would be helpful if this could be provided. I've tried looking for other example Axis2/c
code and wsdl but I haven't yet found anything helpful. In particular, the "Source Code" link
(if this is even the right place for examples) on the Apache / Axis2c website (bottom link
on the LHS of the main page) returns:

>> An Exception Has Occurred
>> Unknown location: /webservices/axis2/trunk/c
>> HTTP Response Status
>> 404 Not Found
>>
>> If someone could supply the wsdl corresponding to the published Hello example, that
would be very useful to me and others starting with Axis2c.