axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <dami...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Axis2c basic Hello example
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 06:07:41 GMT
Can you send the wsdl you created, so that we can see what's wrong with it

Damitha
Mark_Chimley@trendmicro.com wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I'm trying to get the basic 'Hello' example (as described in the Manual) working on my
system. I'm using a binary installation of Axis in Ubuntu obtained through aptitude. I assumed
the version would be 1.6.0 but now I'm beginning to wonder because my Axis libs are post-fixed
"0.6.0" so that might be something I need to check in Ubuntu.

> I have made the Apache configuration changes as described in section 3.2 of the installation
guide and I've compiled the Hello example server code and placed it in services/hello. Unfortunately,
no wsdl seems to have been provided for the Hello example. I've therefore attempted to write
this myself. Note that the ../axis2/services page responds correctly and I can obtain the
wsdl with ../axis2/services/hello?wsdl so I believe Apache is correctly configured to use
Axis.

> Calling the web service from a client (built in Visual Studio using code generated from
the wsdl) results in an unexpected null value in the SOAP which causes an error. I also get
an error in /tmp/axis2.log: "http_transport_utils.c(2557) Service or operation not found".

> I suspect my attempt at creating the wsdl for the Hello example may well be wrong so
it would be helpful if this could be provided. I've tried looking for other example Axis2/c
code and wsdl but I haven't yet found anything helpful. In particular, the "Source Code" link
(if this is even the right place for examples) on the Apache / Axis2c website (bottom link
on the LHS of the main page) returns:

> An Exception Has Occurred
> Unknown location: /webservices/axis2/trunk/c
> HTTP Response Status
> 404 Not Found
>
> If someone could supply the wsdl corresponding to the published Hello example, that would
be very useful to me and others starting with Axis2c.

> Regards,
>
> Mark.
>
> Mark Chimley | Security Architect, Encryption Group
> Trend Micro, Inc. "Securing Your Journey to the Cloud"
>
> Pacific House, Third Avenue, Globe Business Park, Marlow, Bucks, SL7 1YL, UK
> Office: +44 1453 521 025 | Mobile: +44 797 612 7950
> http://www.trendmicro.com/
>

> TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE
> The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential
> and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or
> disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or
> telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.

Damitha Kumarage
Technical Lead; WSO2 Inc.
"Oxygenating the Web Service Platform; " http://www.wso2.com/

blog: " http://damithakumarage.wordpress.com/