axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Sam Carleton <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject Re: Axis2/C status?
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 13:28:03 GMT
Henrik,

That is a very good question.  I have been using Axis2/C for over two years
now and 1.6 was release well over a year and a half ago.  When I started
using Axis2/C, the mailing list was pretty active.  At that point in time I
believe http://www.wso2.com was actively working on it.  Back in the day, I
would ask a question and often someone with a wso2.com email address would
reply within 24-hours.  These days they might or might not reply within a
week.

Axis2/C is not dead, it is just dormant.  Damitha, one of the
wso2.comdevelopers has this to say on the subject back on July 12:

"It is true that most of the initial developers are not active on the
project as before. But that does not mean that they have give up the
project. At any time when they find free time they will do work on the
project.

I too badly need to give some time for the project, but still some other
work prevent me doing so.

Yes we will badly need a new release with the improvements done to the code.
Also there are so many good patches there still not applied to the code
base."

I don't know your requirements, mine was to run on Vista and XP.  Thus the
only other alternative I have found (a Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 only
solution) remains a none options for me, but it might be an option for
you: Windows
Web Services <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee335693.aspx>

P.S.  Axis2/C is a good product, the better you understand SOAP, the easier
it is to work with.  One thing that has been very helpful to me is access to
the source code, fore I have customized the Apache module to my personal
needs:)

Sam