axis-c-user mailing list archives

From ramesh Gopal <fatuzorin2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Implement axis soap fault in server/ client side from C
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:57:58 GMT

Hello,

I see a lot of activity happening over a mail :))))

I was able to implement a way to return the fault. Thnx to everyone's expert guidance.
Though there are still a few things that I could not achieve

1) Is there a way to modify/ include a namespace within soap:Envelope tag (I googled and found
there is no way)

2) I could not find a method which will automatically embed a soapenv:Fault tag. I created
using a element create method. Not worth it

3) Had there been one method which would create faultcode, faultstring, faultactor, I would
have liked it.

4) I see in a mail that Axis2C1.4 had some problems in source code with fault. and I got the
fix for it too. I hope I dont run into similar situations in future.

Anyways, its always a good learning to share knowlegde ....

Lets keep this user group more active.

Ramesh.

--- On Wed, 13/7/11, Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com> wrote:

From: Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
Subject: Re: Implement axis soap fault in server/ client side from C
To: "Apache AXIS C User List" <c-user@axis.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, 13 July, 2011, 1:49 AM

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Damitha Kumarage <damitha@wso2.com> wrote:

Sam,

if you are so worried about the project why not pioneer it instead of making it worse by turning
away people from it. Do you have any hidden agenda behind this?
 The only agenda I have is to giving folks an insight to the current status of the project
as to know what to expect out of the project.  I don't know if that would be considered hidden
or not.

Why don't I pioneer rather than turn folks away?  Same reason why it is being neglected by
others:  It just isn't a high enough priority.  There is also the issue that I don't see
a real demand for folks to do much pioneering on Axis2/C, the mailing list often goes weeks
with zero activity.  Why do pioneering where there doesn't seem to be a need.  Gut feeling
tells me that wso2 has focus their resources on projects other than Axis2/C because their
clients are more interested in products other then Axis2/C, so that is where they are having
folks like you focused as of late.

I have nothing personal against Axis2/C or those that have pioneered it. I just want folks
understanding, as you yourself admit, that to a large extent the original pioneers have moved
their pioneering efforts to more rewarding efforts. The fact it took you 5 days to see my
initial reply is additional proof that there is very little activity on the Axis2/C front.
There is nothing wrong with this, but this knowledge can have a significant effort on business
decisions.  Thus I wanted to put that info out there:)

If I offended you, or anyone on the mailing list, I am sorry, that was never my intent, it
was simply to inform, which is why I did provide as much info as I could regarding the OP's
questions, after I giving my opinion.

Sam