axis-c-user mailing list archives

From dustfinger x <dustfin...@muddymukluk.com>
Subject Re: Questions regarding RESTful service,parameter parsing,php client
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2011 17:33:56 GMT
Dear Nandika,

Thank you very much for answering my questions. Regarding your answer to
question 2, I assume that I would never need to call AXIS2_FREE on node or
element pointers that are returned from methods that traverse the tree
structure like axiom_node_get_next_sibling for instance.

1. Am I safe to assume that the framework manages the memory for the tree
structure and that user code must only clean up data from the tree structure
that is returned as pointers such as axis2_char_t*?
2. If I am out to lunch here then what is the best way for me to know when I
have to clean up the memory? should I just be looking at the source code to
determine this? Again I apologize, I am fairly new to C/C++.
3. Does this news group prefer top or bottom posting? I see that we have
started to top post on this thread. I know some people are very passionate
about this subject and it does make sense to bottom post, but unfortunately
most email clients prefer top posting, probably thanks to MS Outlook setting
a bad standard.

Sincerely,

dustfinger.