axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: HTTPS/SSL with proxy server doesn't work
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:20:09 GMT
Did you ever use Wireshark to monitor the protocol between your client
and the firewall or between your server and the firewall? Is any other
traffic  HTTPS i.e. from a browser to a remote server via HTTPS and
PROXY working? (this to assure that the firewall can handle/forward
HTTPS protocol requests properly). Is it really the case that each
segment in your network topology is capable to support HTTPS?

Josef

Von: Gordon Brown [mailto:gordonw.brown@yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2011 23:14
An: c-dev@axis.apache.org
Cc: c-user@axis.apache.org
Betreff: HTTPS/SSL with proxy server doesn't work

   Hi All,

I am using axis2/c 1.5 for a web service client application and
encountering a problem when communicating with a web service server
through HTTPS/SSL. My client is behind a proxy server and I also have
the right to configure the web service server. I tested that if there is
no proxy server involved, HTTPS/SSL communication is fine for me (after
properly configure the certificates ce tera), I tested regular
communication (simple HTTP/SOAP instead of HTTPS/SSL) WITH the proxy
server, it is also fine. Only when I use HTTPS/SSL together with proxy
server I got the problem.

I searched the jira bug repository, and it seems that someone else
reported the same issue a while ago
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-1397).

My questions are:

(1) Is this really a bug? Or something I didn't configure properly?

(2) If this is a bug, is there a fix or workaround?

Thanks!
Gordon