axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: Guththila vs libxml2
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:11:56 GMT
And test and test and be aware that not every client can accept
per default message-response as large as 65536 bytes
(16 bit pointers eventually). Also chunking and streaming
architectures/implemntation should ring alarm bells.
Josef

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Emanuele Benedetti [mailto:benem@mclink.it]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. Februar 2011 09:43
An: Apache AXIS C User List
Betreff: Re: Guththila vs libxml2

In data 09 febbraio 2011 alle ore 20:00:19, Nandika Jayawardana
<jayawark@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Guththila parser is based on pull model and should be slightly faster
> than
> libxml as explained by the article.  In the last few years, Guththila
> became
> the default parser and hence undergone good amount of testing. Hence, you
> can use either parser for your usage.

Some times ago I had to recompile axis2 with libxml2 support rather than
Guththila as the latter silently discard messages bigger than 128K. I
don't know if the sistuation is changed with the last versions (I'm
speaking of a couple of years ago when was just out the axis2c version
1.6).

SO if you plan to receive messages bigger than that, make some tests.

--
Saluti
Emanuele