axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Gordon Brown <gordonw.br...@yahoo.com>
Subject HTTPS/SSL with proxy server doesn't work
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 22:14:18 GMT
   Hi All,

I am using axis2/c 1.5 for a web service client application and encountering a
problem when communicating with a web service server through HTTPS/SSL. My
client is behind a proxy server and I also have the right to configure the web
service server. I tested that if there is no proxy server involved, HTTPS/SSL
communication is fine for me (after properly configure the certificates ce
tera), I tested regular communication (simple HTTP/SOAP instead of
HTTPS/SSL) WITH the proxy server, it is also fine. Only when I use HTTPS/SSL
together with proxy server I got the problem.

I searched the jira bug repository, and it seems that someone else reported the
same issue a while ago (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-1397).

My questions are:

(1) Is this really a bug? Or something I didn't configure properly?

(2) If this is a bug, is there a fix or workaround?

Thanks!
Gordon