axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: Is there a limit to SOAP message in Axis2c ? Namespace is getting over-written
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:29:32 GMT
And your client is one of .NET WCF or is it Axis2/Java or what is it?

Be warned –

if you have somewhere C Pointers of 16 bit length you can only handle strings with a maximal
length of  65536.

This is true independent if your serialized data carries body and/or header and body. (especially
on C for OpenVMS)

Using 32 bit, but better 64 bit C Pointers lifts this limit.

But once you i.e. return long strings back to a ASP.NET or MS WCF Client then the Client will
start claiming if you approach the 65536 boundary, that it is unable to handle so much data.
In this case you should think about transferring in Junks, either by axis2 or by the underlying
 transport system, and if this still does not help, think about a streaming transfer mode
or MTOM.

In heterogeneous environments you will see that i.e. a .NET WCF Client is able to send much
longer data sizes then 65536 to its axis2 server, but it is just not able to receive a similar
long answer.

And yes – it will lead to the described problems. Given your response seen is just one which
has the expected end dropped. We are not talking about miss formed xml middle in the string.

Josef