axis-c-user mailing list archives

From ramesh Gopal <fatuzorin2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: Is there a limit to SOAP message in Axis2c ? Namespace is getting over-written
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 07:17:16 GMT

I am using a soap UI tool, which is Java based.

When i tried printing the node, I see that it is correctly printed, but from soap UI, I see
an invalid response.

Is there some way the node can be overwritten on the Axis2c layer before it is being sent.
Can we not prevent the node from being overwritten ?

Rgds,
Ramesh

--- On Wed, 26/1/11, Stadelmann Josef <josef.stadelmann@axa-winterthur.ch> wrote:

From: Stadelmann Josef <josef.stadelmann@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject: AW: Is there a limit to SOAP message in Axis2c ? Namespace is getting over-written
To: "Apache AXIS C User List" <c-user@axis.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, 26 January, 2011, 2:59 PM

And your client is one of .NET WCF or is it Axis2/Java or what is it?  Be warned – if you
have somewhere C Pointers of 16 bit length you can only handle strings with a maximal length
of  65536. This is true independent if your serialized data carries body and/or header and
body. (especially on C for OpenVMS)  Using 32 bit, but better 64 bit C Pointers lifts this
limit. But once you i.e. return long strings back to a ASP.NET or MS WCF Client then the Client
will start claiming if you approach the 65536 boundary, that it is unable to handle so much
data. In this case you should think about transferring in Junks, either by axis2 or by the
underlying  transport system, and if this still does not help, think about a streaming transfer
mode or MTOM.  In heterogeneous environments you will see that i.e. a .NET WCF Client is
able to send much longer data sizes then 65536 to its axis2 server, but it is just not able
to receive a similar long answer.  And
 yes – it will lead to the described problems. Given your response seen is just one which
has the expected end dropped. We are not talking about miss formed xml middle in the string.