axis-c-user mailing list archives

From jim <...@landoloons.com>
Subject Re: cookie header
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:52:18 GMT
  We are now using 1.7.0.  I found a thread in the mail list archive
from June of this year with the subject "Http cookies".  I followed the
suggestions in that thread, to explicity attach an http cookie header to
a request, via the stub options.  Here is my code:

     char achCookie[4096];
     sprintf(achCookie, ".RDCS_DEV03=%s", m_cookie);
     axis2_http_header_t *header = axis2_http_header_create(m_env,
AXIS2_HTTP_HEADER_COOKIE, achCookie);
     axutil_array_list_t *header_list = axutil_array_list_create(m_env, 2);
     axutil_array_list_add(header_list, m_env, (void *) header);
     axutil_property_t *header_property = axutil_property_create(m_env);
     axis2_options_t *options = axis2_stub_get_options(
m_IDAServicePort, m_env);     // m_IDAServicePort is the stub
     axutil_property_set_value(header_property, m_env, header_list);
     axutil_property_set_free_func(header_property, m_env,
axutil_array_list_free_void_arg);
     axis2_options_set_property(options, m_env,
AXIS2_TRANSPORT_HEADER_PROPERTY, header_property);

I then issue a request through this stub, and capture the HTTP using
TCPMON.  My cookie header does not appear in the http headers:

     POST /rdcsservice/idawebservice.asmx HTTP/1.1
     Host: dev03.rdcselect.com:8080

<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Body>É
etc.

I looked at the client/session example in 1.7.0 but did not see anything
that needs to be done, on the client, in terms of code or configuration
in order to get session cookie support; it seems it's now built in to
axis2 and should happen on its own.   I have not bee n able to find a
way to get axis2c to manage the session cookie itself, or to let me
attach it manually.  I've seen other examples that use the 'message
context' to attempt to add a cookie.  Is that the correct path?