axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Kelly Beard <kenverybigl...@gmail.com>
Subject A little help?
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:37:41 GMT
I'm trying to use the C++ version of Axis.  I'm only an end-user of
someone elses webservices.  A quick list of items:

1.  I don't know the version of Axis I'm using.  How do I find out?
2.  Compiling Axis on my own is probably a deal-breaker for me.  #3
will spell it out.
3.  I'm using an IBM iSeries, better known as an "AS/400", running
V5R4 of the OS.

So, of course it's an uphill battle right away.  Here are the wsdls of
the two services I'm trying to build:

http://pcmws.alk.com/?wsdl
http://xml.truckmiles.com/Webservices/ProMilesBasicWebServiceWSI.asmx?WSDL

I use the wsdl2ws utility to build my stub code and that all seems to
work just fine.  The axis stuff builds lots of BaseObject ->
BaseObject_Array -> ArrayOfBaseObject kind of stuff which is confusing
to say the least.  So I wonder if the problems I'm having is because
I've gotten rusty in dealing with pointers to pointers or something
else.  C# and Java WS clients work great out from the get-go, but
since I have to do some manual coding with C++ I seem to have some
trouble.

Anyone interested in helping a guy out?  My client built on the
truckmiles service is either crashing or returning Success or Failure
based on which debug statements I remove, so I know there's some
pointer bug in there.  I think the pcmws client code is bombing.  I
can't use the handler code to see the raw soap that's being passed out
& returned back because that stuff was never implemented in whatever
version of Axis the 400 has.

Anyway, I've attached two files.  I'd really appreciate anything.  Thanks!

--
Kelly Beard