axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Jennifer Cumming <addedspar...@gmail.com>
Subject Statically linking Axis2
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 14:02:28 GMT
Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can help me produce a statically linked C
client using the Axis2/C libraries. I'm not even sure if this is
possible but my goal is to produce a single binary client that doesn't
require a repository.

I've tried building the Axis libraries from source using configure
--enable-static=yes and defined AXIS2_DECLARE_STATIC and
AXIS2_DECLARE_EXPORT with no luck. When trying to then statically link
the libraries into my binary I get screens of undefined reference
errors to the Axis functions, both ones I call in my code and internal
calls.

Platform is SuSE Linux using gcc.

Thanks,

Jennifer