axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Sam Carleton <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject Re: db connection pooling
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 03:54:10 GMT
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 8:03 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe <
samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com> wrote:

> What we have with Axis2/C is a SOAP engine. What you are looking for is an
> app server.
> That is out of scope as far as this project is concerned.

Is this for real?  I would LOVE to know how many folks outside of the
development team use Axis2/C and do NOT need some type of connection to a
database.

I am *NOT* asking for a app server, I am simply asking for a way to allow
information to be passed through the SOAP engine in such a way that I don't
have to worry about my hack breaking in the next release.

Heck, I am not even asking for this parameter to EVER be used by the default
server modules, leave it to the individual to customize the server module if
they want/need the feature.  As I said before, EVERY main stream 'engine'
has the ability to pass a blind pointer through the 'engine' so that both
sides can have context, except Axis2/C.  I am starting to wonder how main
stream it really is, maybe these types of issues are why Apple is still
using AxisC++.

With the attitude I am getting from you all, I am started to REALLY regret
how deeply I rely on Axis2/C for my app.  Such as life.

Sam