axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: db connection pooling
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 05:30:44 GMT

> "Great idea, it isn't something we can fit into to development for a while,
> but write it up as a feature request in Jiri. Meanwhile if it something you
> need it sooner, please feel free to add it and submit the feature in Jiri."
>
> Then I would have been more than welcome to contribute my changes.

Sam,

My gut feeling is that you need to learn a lot about how the open source
model works. An open source product is not a property of an individual or a
team of developers. Its just open as in anybody is free to contribute and at
the end of the day everybody will make use of it. Not only does it apply to
Axis2 but it equally applies to any other great OS product out there.
Therefore do not wait until someone invites you to make a contribution. Take
initiative and make a move. Maybe your thing will be accepted, maybe not.
That does not imply the dev community is conservative or anything. Basically
thats how it works. You have to live with it.

Thanks,
Danushka