axis-c-user mailing list archives

From ramesh Gopal <fatuzorin2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Is Axis2C thread safe .. How do I enable it to be thread safe ???
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 04:27:37 GMT
Hello,

When Axis2C server is brought up on a port, we say that its a single process.
This process is capable of spawning multiple threads.

If my application were written in a way that there is some global data segment, theres every
chance that the threads may share the global segment and over-write thereby resulting in a
crash or some other drastic problem.

ie .... even if Axis2C is thread safe, because my application doesnt take care of multi-threaded
mode (its more a process based than thread based), the problem will percolate into Axis2C
and cause the server to crash.

Rgds,
Ramesh.

--- On Wed, 7/7/10, Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa@wso2.com> wrote:

From: Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa@wso2.com>
Subject: Re: Is Axis2C thread safe .. How do I enable it to be thread safe ???
To: "Apache AXIS C User List" <c-user@axis.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, 7 July, 2010, 8:27 AM

And you can try and let us know if there are problems.
Samisa...

On Wed, Jul
 7, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Damitha Kumarage <damitha@wso2.com> wrote:

ramesh Gopal wrote:

Is it by default thread safe. Or I need to use some apis to make them thread safe.

Axis2/C is written to be thread safe.

Damitha

Ramesh

    From: Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa@wso2.com>

    Subject: Re: Is Axis2C thread safe .. How do I enable it to be

    thread safe ???

    To: "Apache AXIS C User List" <c-user@axis.apache.org>

    Date: Tuesday, 6 July, 2010, 11:32 AM

    It is thread safe.

    Samisa...

    On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:08 AM, ramesh Gopal

    <fatuzorin2001@yahoo.com </mc/compose?to=fatuzorin2001@yahoo.com>>

    wrote:

        Hello,

        Consider a case where-in my development language is not thread

        safe.

        So, if there are multiple simultaneous calls being invoked, we

        are sure to run into memory issues.

        If I use Axis2C framework to convert my source to use the

        capabilities of SOA architecture,

        will this make my applications thread safe ?

        Is there some parameter I can use to make thread safe.

        Pls let me know if there are some apis too which will help

        achieve this ?

        Rgds,

        Ramesh.

    Samisa Abeysinghe