axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <dami...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Is Axis2C thread safe .. How do I enable it to be thread safe ???
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:36:13 GMT
ramesh Gopal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When Axis2C server is brought up on a port, we say that its a single process.
> This process is capable of spawning multiple threads.
>
> If my application were written in a way that there is some global data segment, theres
every chance that the threads may share the global segment and over-write thereby resulting
in a crash or some other drastic problem.

> ie .... even if Axis2C is thread safe, because my application doesnt take care of multi-threaded
mode (its more a process based than thread based), the problem will percolate into Axis2C
and cause the server to crash.

You mean to say your service code is not thread safe?.
if a thread want to access service object it has to first get the lock
for the service. So there could be performance issue with stand alone
Axis2/C server. Use Axis2/C with apache module.
Thanks,
Damitha

> Rgds,
> Ramesh.