axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Sam Carleton <scarle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: db connection pooling
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 05:02:49 GMT
On Jul 14, 2010, at 12:25 AM, Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa@wso2.com> wrote:

> I am *NOT* asking for a app server, I am simply asking for a way to allow information
to be passed through the SOAP engine in such a way that I don't have to worry about my hack
breaking in the next release.

> I am getting tired of answering these dumb questions. This is what it is. Either you
use it, or you improve it, or you go to hell with it.

You whole attitude to both this question and my earlier on about APR seems to be summed up
by the last 6 words I quoted above.

I don't know about others, but... When I prepose/suggest an improvement such as I have in
my second post to this thread, and I get the attitude that Axis2 is a SOAP engine, not an
app server and that I should take it or leave it because it is what it is,  I don't walk away
with the impression any 'improvements' I make to the source along the lines I am suggesting
will be welcomed if I were to submit them.

On the other hand, if the initial attitude had been:

"Great idea, it isn't something we can fit into to development for a while, but write it up
as a feature request in Jiri. Meanwhile if it something you need it sooner, please feel free
to add it and submit the feature in Jiri."

Then I would have been more than welcome to contribute my changes.

Sam