axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Sam Carleton <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject Re: using APR in Axis2/C
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2010 03:46:02 GMT
On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Sam Carleton
<scarleton@miltonstreet.com>wrote:

> All my Axis2/C services run in Apache.  Is there any way to get at the
> apr_pool_t parameter in the service so I can use APR functions?  The main
> functions I am looking for are things like apr_dir_open,
> apr_dir_close,apr_dir_read, and apr_dir_rewind.

I did some hunting and it looks like I can use: env->allocator->local_pool.
Is that correct?

Also, I was noticed that the axis2_handler is calling apr_pool_create_ex()
and NOT sending in a parent.  From what I understand of apr, modules should
not be creating their own pool, but creating sub pools off of the main
application.  What is the reasoning for Axis2 creating it's own pool and not
a sub pool off of Apache?

Sam