axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <dami...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Axis2c server cannot configure listen address ??
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 03:54:18 GMT
Thomas Gentsch wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I was trying to find out whether there is any way to set up a SOAP
> server to listen only at 127.0.0.1 instead of * but could not find any
> to do this.
> Even worse, looking at the source in
> axutil_network_handler_create_server_socket() which appears to be the
> place, where this would happen, it seems as is this is not possible at
> all.

The simple reason you need your server only listen to 127.0.0.1 must be
security.
But you can configure firewall to prevent access to port  on all IPs
other than 127.0.0.1.
If this option is necessary we can implement it in
axutil_network_handler_create_server_socket()
as you suggested.

Thanks,
Damitha
> Am I missing something? If this is really the case, are there any plans
> to add this?
>
> Many thx + regards,
>   tge

Damitha Kumarage