axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Gentsch ...@e-tge.de>
Subject Re: Axis2c server cannot configure listen address ??
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 07:32:52 GMT

Hi Damitha,

many thx for your fast reply! Also, when re-reading my posting, it
sounded a bit like a complaint - this was not my intention, sorry for
that!

Technically, yes, this would be for security reasons, to protect a
server from remote access entirely.
The advantages I see
 - very simple config + implementation (extending
axutil_network_handler_create_server_socket should be no major problem,
however I did not look at the calling code yet ... :-)
 - all config is in my own hands whereas setting up a firewall I have to
ask other people (-> also a risk of breaking something)

If I can formulate a wish, I'd prefer a way to set this programmatically
similar to the port in axis2_http_server_create_*() but probably
axis2.xml would be a nice place too (like "port").

If you feel, this would help, I'm happy to contribute.
Many thx + best regards,
  tge