axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Sam Carleton <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject Re: Have WSDL, want service (on windows)
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 14:44:31 GMT
Thomas,

Yea, you are going to have to tinker with the code a bit.  It does put in
some artifacts that VS2008/VS2010 doesn't much like.

What I did was this:

   1. Put the generated code into a physical folder of it's own, separate
   from the rest of my source code.
   2. Figured out what needed to be added/removed to the generated code
   3. ONLY added/removed what needed to change, otherwise zero formatting
   changes.
   4. When I change the WSDL, I generate the code to a temp location
   different from #1's location
   5. Then I do a folder compare, add the new things and replace the things
   that have changed except for the files I tweaked in 2/3 (normally only the
   main file), this I do a manual line by line diff.  The reason for not doing
   ANY formatting changes in #3 is so that this diff will only show what has
   REALLY changed and it is easy to spot your changes from the WSDL2C's
   changes.

I use this simply outstanding program called Beyond
Compare<http://www.scootersoftware.com/>to do the folder/file compare.
 I highly recommend it!

Sam

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Thomas Auzinger <thomas@auzinger.org>
wrote:
> I created the source code using:
> wsdl2c -d adb -u -ss -uri algorithm.wsdl
> This works almost, but I get two errors from Visualstudio 10 (VS6 can't be
> installed on my Win 7 64 bit machine) when building the service.
> ("algorithm" is the name of my service)
>
> 1>  axis2_svc_skel_algorithm.c

1>c:\axis2c-bin-1.6.0-win32\bin\tools\wsdl2c\src\axis2_svc_skel_algorithm.c(251):
> error C2491: 'axis2_get_instance' : definition of dllimport function not
> allowed

1>c:\axis2c-bin-1.6.0-win32\bin\tools\wsdl2c\src\axis2_svc_skel_algorithm.c(265):
> error C2491: 'axis2_remove_instance' : definition of dllimport function
not
> allowed
> The offending code looks like this:
> --------------
> /**
> * Following block distinguish the exposed part of the dll.
>   */
>     AXIS2_EXTERN int
>     axis2_get_instance(struct axis2_svc_skeleton **inst,
>                        const axutil_env_t *env)
> {
> *inst = axis2_svc_skel_algorithm_create(env);
>         if(!(*inst))
>         {
>             return AXIS2_FAILURE;
>         }
>    return AXIS2_SUCCESS;
> }
> AXIS2_EXTERN int
>     axis2_remove_instance(axis2_svc_skeleton_t *inst,
>                             const axutil_env_t *env)
> {
>         axis2_status_t status = AXIS2_FAILURE;
>        if (inst)
>         {
>             status = AXIS2_SVC_SKELETON_FREE(inst, env);
>         }
>      return status;
> }
> ---------------------------------
> Thanks,
> Thomas
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Amir Mousavizadegan
> <amir.mousavizadegan@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> Follow this doc....
>> Amir
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sam Carleton"