axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Evan Klinger <eklin...@gmail.com>
Subject Multi-threaded Services
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 19:21:21 GMT
Hello,
When developing a REST service in Axis2/C, how does Apache handle the
integration with the Axis2 module? When a request comes in that is
passed to the Axis2 module, does each request create a new instance of
the service or is it a new thread? Basically, in the service we may
need to open a file for writing but also for reading, depending upon
the request. However, we don't want to read while the file is being
written to so it seems like we need a rw lock/mutex, but that will
only work if the service is called by multiple threads. If they are
called from separate processes then I don't think this approach will
work. Any information on how to handle this would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you
Evan