axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Fan, Jan-fon" <jan-fon....@intel.com>
Subject RE: How to set the Axis2c Client timeout value
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 00:54:26 GMT
Thank you Samisa!

I noticed that you have the following comment in the function axis2_svc_client_send_receive_non_blocking_with_op_qname
in svc_client.c (release 1.6.0)
/* Following sleep is required to ensure the listner is ready to receive response.
   If it is missing, the response gets lost. - Samisa */
AXIS2_USLEEP(10000);

Our department has a problem which is very similar to the situation that you mentioned, When
the return from the server has large data, part of the return will be truncated or lost, so
we only got part of the data. Do you have idea what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Jan-fon

________________________________
From: Samisa Abeysinghe [mailto:samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:07 PM
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Subject: Re: How to set the Axis2c Client timeout value

axis2_options_set_timeout_in_milli_seconds

See: http://wso2.org/forum/thread/5356

<http://wso2.org/forum/thread/5356>Samisa...

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 3:50 AM, Fan, Jan-fon <jan-fon.fan@intel.com<mailto:jan-fon.fan@intel.com>>
wrote:
Hi,
Is there a way to set the client timeout value?
The web service that I invoke will take very long time to process, by the time the server
returns, my client program already timeout.
I tried to modify the file include/axis2_options.h
Change from
#define AXIS2_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT_MILLISECONDS 30000
#define AXIS2_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT_MILLISECONDS 180000

And hope this will increase the time out from 30 seconds to 180 seconds, but it is not helpful.

I also tried to modify the axis2.xml by adding a parameter:

<parameter name="CONNECTION_TIMEOUT" locked="false">180000</parameter>

But this also does not help.

Thanks,
Jan-fon

--