axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: How to fix memory leak in Axis2/C client?
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 00:21:47 GMT
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 2:29 AM, Hatim Daginawala <
Hatim.Daginawala@argodata.com> wrote:

>  First of all let me say, I did not mean to offend anyone, undermine the
> work you do or even complain. If I did, I am sorry.

Sure, I was purely trying to make sure that other users do not misunderstand
anything.
And, of course if there are leaks, we got to fix them.

> Axis is great product and I am using axis2c in a production environment and
> I am very grateful. Thank you.
>

> The reason I say it’s not designed for reuse it precisely because it opens
> connection on every request. I had to switch to libcurl because I was
> running out of sockets.

We need to explore this more to find the problem.
One of the reasons that we wrote libcurl transport was to benefit from the
power of the library. We need to admit, transport libs is not our key
strength, rather SOAP engine aspects.
I think it has been some time since we put some effort to look into
improving libcurl support.

> When I  developed my code for 1.4, I did ran into various memory leaks and
> I did submit patches for it. However, I was able to work around most issues.
> 1.6 might not have those same issues.

We might want to revisit these in 1.7

Samisa...