axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Sam Carleton <scarle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2/C and Qt
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2010 23:46:25 GMT
On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 2:22 AM, Sam Carleton <scarleton@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am revisiting this questions, from a different prospective...
>>
>> When I asked it originally, I was thinking of a Qt client using Axis2/C,
>> now I am entertaining the idea of using Qt in the Axis2/C server.
>>

> Not sure I get this. QT is mainly visual widgets, and why do you want that
> on server?

Oh, no, Qt is FAR more then just UI.  It has a VERY rich set of tools for
doing backend only stuff that is cross platform.  For example, it has a very
nice SQL abstraction layer, making is much easier to switch between
different db engines.  Initially I am after this SQL layer, but over time I
am sure there is a lot more I will leverage.

If you have never dug into Qt, you might want to, they have done a number of
very interesting things and done them very well!

Sam