axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Hatim Daginawala" <Hatim.Daginaw...@argodata.com>
Subject RE: How to fix memory leak in Axis2/C client?
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 15:07:14 GMT
You probably need to call axiom_node_free_tree on both request and response node before reusing
svc_client

From: Olivier Mengué [mailto:omengue@oxymel.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 8:36 AM
To: Apache AXIS C User List; Apache AXIS C User List
Cc: Axis2/C user
Subject: RE : How to fix memory leak in Axis2/C client?

Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
>It is hard to tell from the list of methods given. Can you please provide
>the code you are using to test? Then we can profile and see where the leaks
>are.

As you probably expected, no, I can't.

Could you at least tell me if I have a good understanding of the API?
Is it my responsability to free the XML trees used in the SOAP exchange?

Or if it may be a bug such as AXIS2C-1452?

>> * for every call to the service:
>>     - I construct the XML request document:
>>         + axutil_qname_create()
>>         + axiom_element_create_with_qname()
>>         + axiom_element_create(), axiom_element_set_text()
>>     - axis2c_svc_client_send_receive()
>>     - I parse the XML response document:
>>         + axis2c_svc_client_get_http_status_code()
>>         + axis2c_svc_client_get_last_response_has_fault()
>>         + axiom_node_get_n,ext_sibling()
>>         + axiom_node_get_node_type()
>>         + axiom_node_get_data_element(), axiom_node_get_localname(),
>> axiom_node_get_namespace(), axiom_node_get_text()
>>

>> I suspect that either the request XML tree and the response XML tree are
>> not freed,
>> but I've seen nothing in the axis2c_svc_client API to do that.
>>
>> Which function calls are missing to fix my leak?
>>
>> Olivier.

Olivier Mengué
Oxymel, France.

Confidentiality Notice:  This electronic mail transmission is confidential,
may be privileged and should be read or retained only by the intended
recipient.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify the sender and delete it from your system.