axis-c-user mailing list archives

From paul.dead...@longfield.co.uk
Subject Re: Need suggestions on Axis/c client stub
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 18:31:07 GMT
I cant provide an answer to all your questions, but for this question:-

2) My requirement is to generate the clients for non-axis web services
like
.net, JBOSS-WS, etc. So Is there any limitations for such clients? I
believe
all web services can easily consumed with axis/c client considering they
adhere with WSDL specifications.

> I found that WSDL2C (from AXIS2) does not work out the box with WCF
because the WCF WSDL split the schema into at
least 3 XSD files. This is not the problem in itself, as it is possible to
download the individual elements and
create a single WSDL file and point WSDL2C at this. But the problem comes
in that the Data Contract elements
 have a namespace which can not be  changed (or I have not found out how)
in WCF Visual Studio designer, it is constructed from
a number of elements within the class defintion.
The namespace for the Data Contract elements is different from the other
elements Operations etc which can be changed
the default is http://tempuri.org . So you need to create a WSDL file with
schema elements in multiple
namespaces, this I found hard to do, or at least I could find no examples
of XSD schema covering multiple namespaces.
I worked round this problem by pasting all the XSD schema elements (using
the Operations namespace)
together and then editing the stub code
which is generated, its not difficult as for each Data Contract class in
WCF you get a .c file from WSDL2C. And
changing the namespace name (which is hardcoded as a string).

My only other comment is that you will need to recompile the 1.6 source
code for AXIS2C for Windows as the
downloadable binaryies have a bug, whereby the directory seperator is set
for a Unix value of / and not a
windows \. This was a quite painless exercise compared to the WSDL
manipulation.

Im using it for a production application to connect Lotus Notes, via a DLL
to a WCF service. And it appears to work
fine.

Paul Deadman
Mobile: 07769 930 235
Skype: Paul Deadman, York
Longfield Ltd
2 Maple House, Northminster Business Park,York,YO26 6QW

solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient or there are problems please notify the
sender and then delete it from your system. We have taken steps to keep
this email and attachments free from viruses. However, we accept no
liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused as a result of any virus
being passed on. It is the responsibility of the recipient to perform all
necessary checks.

Ashok P <ashvitech@gmail.com>
09/02/2010 17:09
Please respond to

axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Need suggestions on Axis/c client stub

I want to clear my understandings about axis-c/c++. I got few answers in
email archives and like to understand thoroughly.  Newbie to Axis-c.. :) I
apologize for any repeated  questions.

1) Can I provide custom mappings for C/C++ data types for code generation
tool?
Wsdl2c/wsd2ws generates the code for xs:string as “char* (axis-char)” and
“std::string” respectively. Is there any way to mention mapping like
“wchar*”  or std::wstring (c++) to toolkit considering Unicode enabled
project?   Does char* processing problematic in case of Unicode string?

2) My requirement is to generate the clients for non-axis web services
like
.net, JBOSS-WS, etc. So Is there any limitations for such clients? I
believe
all web services can easily consumed with axis/c client considering they
adhere with WSDL specifications.

3) As per the  documentation, axis-c supports “ADB” binding for client
code
generations and “none” option for raw xml in/out. Is ADB is efficient to
consume non-axis web services?

4) As per analysis, wsdl2c can generate client code for RPC/document
literal
styles only. Am I correct? Is there any support available for RPC-encoded
style in near feature?

5) Does it mandatory to use axis2.xml? I like all these settings through
code by settings the options – like settings the protocol “http” or https
(ssl), port , ssl certificate, client timeout and more. Does such
provision
is available in both C/C++ client generated code?

6)  From the other posting on forum, it’s not clear that “AXIS2C_HOME”
deplorer folder is mandatory or not for client side. Can anybody confirm
this? I agree few Dlls are required for client distribution. I like my
client application (along with client stub) should have small footprint
for
distribution, so can I build stub statically for depended libraries like
axiom.dll, axis2_http_sender.dll etc?

7) Axis-C++ is not recommended for production use. Does I need to test
client generated (stub) for stability considering the recommendation? Any
suggestions on axis-c++ clients to be used on production? Otherwise I need
go with axis-c only.

Thanks in advance and appreciate your help.