axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Ashok P <ashvit...@gmail.com>
Subject Need suggestions on Axis/c client stub
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 17:09:09 GMT

I want to clear my understandings about axis-c/c++. I got few answers in
email archives and like to understand thoroughly.  Newbie to Axis-c.. :)  I
apologize for any repeated  questions.

1) Can I provide custom mappings for C/C++ data types for code generation
tool?
Wsdl2c/wsd2ws generates the code for xs:string as “char* (axis-char)” and
“std::string” respectively. Is there any way to mention mapping like
“wchar*”  or std::wstring (c++) to toolkit considering Unicode enabled
project?   Does char* processing problematic in case of Unicode string?

2) My requirement is to generate the clients for non-axis web services  like
.net, JBOSS-WS, etc. So Is there any limitations for such clients? I believe
all web services can easily consumed with axis/c client considering they
adhere with WSDL specifications.

3) As per the  documentation, axis-c supports “ADB” binding for client code
generations and “none” option for raw xml in/out. Is ADB is efficient to
consume non-axis web services?

4) As per analysis, wsdl2c can generate client code for RPC/document literal
styles only. Am I correct? Is there any support available for RPC-encoded
style in near feature?

5) Does it mandatory to use axis2.xml? I like all these settings through
code by settings the options – like settings the protocol “http” or https
(ssl), port , ssl certificate, client timeout and more. Does such provision
is available in both C/C++ client generated code?

6)  From the other posting on forum, it’s not clear that “AXIS2C_HOME”
deplorer folder is mandatory or not for client side. Can anybody confirm
this? I agree few Dlls are required for client distribution. I like my
client application (along with client stub) should have small footprint for
distribution, so can I build stub statically for depended libraries like
axiom.dll, axis2_http_sender.dll etc?

7) Axis-C++ is not recommended for production use. Does I need to test
client generated (stub) for stability considering the recommendation? Any
suggestions on axis-c++ clients to be used on production? Otherwise I need
go with axis-c only.

Thanks in advance and appreciate your help.