axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Hatim Daginawala" <Hatim.Daginaw...@argodata.com>
Subject RE: Client to receive large data problem
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:34:16 GMT
I have seen data truncation problem with libxml2 as well as guththila in
1.5 and 1.6. For me issue occurs when data size exceeds
GUTHUTHILA_BUFFER_DEF_SIZE and it occurs sporadically. I have not found
any recipe to recreate this and it happens only in our 'production like'
environment.

For some reason guththila stops reading data from transport layer buffer
even when message is not read completely. The work around I am using is
increasing the size of buffer on read to be the max data I am expecting
(2MB). This transfers entire message from transport layer buffer to
guththila buffer in just one read.
I hate to allocate 2MB for every read (I have different sizes for reads
and writes) since 95% of my messages are less than 16K.

I would be glad to help resolve this issue. If there is a fix I will be
happy to put it in our 'production like' environment and test it. We can
recreate this issue a few times a day in this environment.

-----Original Message-----
From: Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar [mailto:uthaiyashankar@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:28 AM
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Cc: axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org; axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Client to receive large data problem

Hi,

What version of Axis2/C you are using? Are you using libxml2 or
guththila?

Can you verify whether it is a network related issue? You can capture
the message and see whether server sends all the messages, and the
problem is in client side.

Regards,
Shankar

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Fan, Jan-fon <jan-fon.fan@intel.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have experience in develop an application using AXIS2C
client
> API to consume a web services which returns large amount of data
(about 2M).

> When my client application receives such large data, the data will be
> truncated. This problem will get better (but not completely resolved)
if I
> add 3 seconds sleep time in axis2_http_client_recieve_header()
function in

--
S.Uthaiyashankar
Software Architect