axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Mengué <omen...@oxymel.com>
Subject Axis2C 1.6.0 on AIX 5.2 / Visual Age C++ 6: dynamic libraries not built
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 10:51:21 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking for help for building Axis2/C on AIX.

Here are my settings:

./configure CPPFLAGS="-I$deploy_dir/include" CC=cc CFLAGS=-qnolm PTHREAD_CFLAGS=-qthreaded
CXX=cc CXXFLAGS=-qnolm LDFLAGS="-qnolm -L$deploy_dir/lib" INSTALL="/usr/bin/installbsd -c"
--enable-guththila=yes --enable-openssl=yes --prefix="$deploy_dir"

I found and fixed a few issues that I reported on Jira (see the dependency of AXIS2C-1424):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-1424

Now that 'make' is ok, I try the examples, but they fail. According to the log, the samples
do not run as they are not able to load 'libaxis2_http_sender.so'.
I discovered that the dynamic libraries have not been generated at all. I only have '.a' and
'.la', no '.so'.

Did I miss a configure option?
Is it a libtool issue?
Do you have any advice to fix the build?
Would it be possible to manually build the dynamic libraries?

Olivier.