axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Sam Carleton <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject Data element of the OM Node is NULL
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 04:17:27 GMT
When I run Apache Server and Axis2/C in development, all is well, when I run
it in a clean VM, I am getting the error:

Data element of the OM Node is NULL

What exactly is this telling me?  It is saying that my service is not
building the response object or that the value being passed in is NULL?  The
service is written in such a way that the nodeId can be null/empty string.
 Oh the client is .Net 3.5
----------------------------------
Where is the request message:

<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <s:Body xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <getNode xmlns="urn:mmpp:catalogmgr">
         <nodeId xmlns=""/>
         <ignoreActiveFlag xmlns="">true</ignoreActiveFlag>
      </getNode>
   </s:Body>
</s:Envelope>
----------------------------------
Here is the reply:

  <soapenv:Body>
 <soapenv:Fault>
<faultcode>soapenv:Sender</faultcode>
<faultstring>Data element of the OM Node is NULL</faultstring>
<detail>
   <fault>CatalogMgr|urn:mmpp:catalogmgr failed</fault>
</detail>
 </soapenv:Fault>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>