axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Martin Benedix <mbene...@plusserver.de>
Subject Re: Axis2 simple http server memory management
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 07:37:16 GMT
Patrick Duflot schrieb:
> Hi list,
>
> I did a long-run test with the axis2 simple http server and the echo
> sample client invoking the echo service every 3 seconds.
> I saw the memory usage going from 4MB to 30MB then back to 10MB and
> then again to 40MB. Now that I stopped the client from polling the
> service, memory usage is as low as 80KB.
>
> NB : I am running Windows XP SP2
>
> What is axis2 http server memory management policy ?
> Can we have some control over it ?
>
> A couple of related question :
> How does it behaves with memory fragmentation ?
> And the most importatnt one : Is Axis2 simple http server production
> ready ?
>
> Thank you
>
> Patrick

Hi Patrick, Hi list.

This are very important questions and I am also interested in the answers.
So I wrote this reply to bring the topic up again.
We are using the simple tcp server under linux and I experienced a growing
memory consumption using the echo service and a saturation on a level
at approximately 40 mb. I think that this is a result of the high watermark
memory usage strategy of linux.
I wanted to use valgrind on the simple tcp server and did not manage to get
any output from the tool.
What would be a good way to examine the memory usage behaviour of the
tcp server? Has anyone succeeded in using valgrind on the tcp server?
Any suggestion is highly welcome :)

Thanks in advance,

Martin Benedix