axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <dami...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: looking for ideas
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2010 18:01:14 GMT
Steve Leland wrote:
> I have Axis2/c 1.6.0 building and working nicely with the builtin http
> server on Win 2008.  Cool stuff - thanks!!
>
> With this working environment now I get to extend the functionality in
> our web service code.  I would like to create an automated test
> environment to catch regressions introduced by changes in the business
> logic, which strikes me as something that others must also have done.
>
> So to those who've already been down this road, would you please tell
> me if you think I'm heading in the wrong direction here, and maybe why?
>
> I want to 'record' a test by pointing the client at a trace
> facility, and store the resulting http trace of the request
> and response in a database.
>
> To run a regression test would involve grabbing the request trace out
> of the database, programmaticly handing it to the Axis2c engine, then
> comparing the Axis2c generated response to the response in the database.
>
> First question - is that the best approach?  (where best ==  work
> correctly and doable relatively fast)
>
> If so, any foresee-able gotchas?
>
> It looks to me like uing a <messageReciever > targetting the
> raw_xml_in_out_msg_recv might work, but all the doc I can locate is
> for java's
> class="org.apache.axis2.receifers.RawXMLInOutMessageReceiver".  What
> syntax to use thttp://wso2.org/projects/wsf/cpphere?
You can write your own message receiver and use it in your service by adding
<operation name="op">
            <messageReceiver class="your_msg_recv"/>
    </operation>
in your services.xml
For example there is a custom message reciever written to load C++
services in WSF/C++ source [1] at src/msg_recv. Write a similar one and
build the shared library and put it into the Axis2/C repository's lib
directory.
Regards,
Damitha

[1] http://wso2.org/projects/wsf/cpp