axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar <uthaiyashan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sticky Method / Webservice call
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 02:34:51 GMT
Hi,

Are you generating the code using Axis2/C[1] or Axis/CPP[2]? Axis2/C
doesn't generate C++ code. So I am assuming you are using Axis/CPP? In
that case, you can't use Axis2/C runtime, hence you can't follow the
example.

Regards,
Shankar

[1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/
[2] http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 1:24 AM, Amit Tewari <amit_tewari@yahoo.com> wrote:
> We are using AXIS2C (C++ code) to call AXIS2/java based webservice. We are using the
*PortType.cpp class to make the wsdl call. We are using VisualStudio 2008 to compile the code
to create an exe (which also uses MAPI)

> When we call first function/method/SOAPAction from C++ it goes through fine and returns
as expected. However everyother SOAPAction after that seems to be using the first SOAPAction
name, with new parameters (as visible by TCPMON) and hence generates an error. We are using
http cookies to validate the session.

> Here is the call sequence from C++ side
>
> *PortType.login(String<username>, String<password>) // sets the cookie
> *PortType.callA (int<someid>, String<somestring>...)
>
> When we make callA TCPMON shows (not exact but illustration only)
>
> *PortType.login (int<someid>, String<somestring>...)
>

> We tracked down the generated code and every function generated to wrap a Web service
in *PortType.cpp includes the following:

>        if (NULL==m_pCall->getTransportProperty("SOAPAction",false))
>        {
>                m_pCall->setTransportProperty(SOAPACTION_HEADER , "restoreCustomer");
>        }
>
> This code creates the problem where the SOAPAction, once set, never gets changed.  We
have to comment out the 'if' statement in every case to get around this.

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/hello/client/hello.c.html

--
S.Uthaiyashankar
Software Architect