axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Jay Sullivan <not...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rampart/C Fails to build on Ubuntu 9.04
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:51:55 GMT
Autoconf is version 2.63.
Automake is version 1.11.
/usr/bin/install (GNU coreutils) is version 6.10

When I type the following to install Rampart,
     /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./xdocs/api ./xdocs/docs $AXIS2C_HOME/docs

I get the following output:
  /usr/bin/install: omitting directory `./xdocs/api`
  /usr/bin/install: omitting directory `./xdocs/docs`

After this, $? is set to 1.
So it looks like my install is failing because it is skipping over
directories.  Could this be worked around by having the Makefile explicity
install each subdirectory? (xdocs/api, xdocs/api/html, xdocs/docs, and
xdocs/docs/files).
Another problem here is that the directories are being installed with 644
permissions.  They should probably be 744.