axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Haszlakiewicz, Eric" <EHAS...@transunion.com>
Subject RE: changing the axis2/c message encoding
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 21:34:41 GMT

Well, I traced through things a bit more.  It seems that the encoding is
set in axis2_http_transport_sender_invoke() using either any previously
set value in the axis2_msg_ctx_t object, or by grabbing a charset
property from some kind of axis2_ctx_t object.  I have no idea where the
axis2_ctx_t object comes from (it's not the one I tried to set by going
through adb stub=>svc_client=>svc_ctx=>axis2_svc_ctx_get_base()), and it
looks like I *can't* set things in the msg_ctx ahead of time because
it's not even allocated yet.
msg_ctx seems to be created in
axis2_svc_client_send_receive_with_op_qname (svc_client.c:715), but
nothing sets the charset after that point.
-> stub function
 -> axis2_svc_client_send_receive_with_op_qname
  -> axis2_op_client_execute
	copies over some things from op_client to msg_ctx, but not
charset (axis2_msg_ctx_set_options(msg_ctx, env, op_client->options);)
    -> axis2_op_client_two_way_send
      -> axis2_engine_send
        -> axis2_http_transport_sender_invoke

The axis2_engine_send function seems to invokes "phases", so maybe I can
hack something in here to set the charset in the msg_ctx?  I found some
general documentation about how phases and flows work in axis2, but I'm
not quite sure how to go about implementing a phase.  Can someone point
me towards an example?  Does this even sound like a reasonable way to
get the encoding set?  It seems like it's way harder than it should be.

eric