axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WSDL2C: What to do after compiling Axis2 1.4.1. nightly build
Date Sat, 02 May 2009 02:59:35 GMT
On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 7:52 AM, Sam Carleton <scarleton@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rajika,

hi,

> I am going off of this email from a week and a half ago, please see my
> question below:

> > > How are Improvements to WSDL2C codegen tool a major change to Axis2/C
> > > version 1.6.0?
> > > Isn't WSDL2C part of the Axis2, which is still 1.4.1?
> >
> > The WSDL2C tool is maintained by Axis2/C community. After releasing
> > 1.5.0 there are some bug fixes and improvements done to the WSDL2C tool.
> > Further Axis2/C code also fixed for these changes. You can get these
> > latest modifications from an Axis2 nightly build.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Manjula.
>
> Q1: So if I wanted the latest WSDL2C, I need to get from the nightly
> build of the project Axis2/Java?

Correct.

> (I have gotten the latest subversion code from the project, installed
> mvn, and run mvn install successfully on the Axis2/Java code)
>
> Q2: After running the mvn install, what must I do to use the newly
> compiled WSDL2C?

You'll find the nightly built of axis2 distribution inside

> What I don't see is a bin folder in the root of the Axis2/Java
> project, what I have is this:

If you carefully read the reply you'll see what I meant is the README file
of WSDL2C which is inside axis2c, not the README file what is in axis2java.

> <DIR>          etc
> <DIR>          legal
> <DIR>          modules
> <DIR>          release-docs
> 4,506           build.xml
> 11,359         LICENSE.txt
>  1,236          NOTICE.txt
> 11,091         pom.xml
> 2,504           README.txt
> 39,552         release-notes.html
>
> I did read the README.TXT, which is how I knew the correct way to get
> mvn to build everything, but it does not talk about what I need to do
> to actually use any of the java code.  I am assuming I need to set a
> class path or something, but I don't know where I should be setting
> the class path, not being a java expert.

Ok, try mvn assembly:assembly -Drelease  which will build the axis2/java
distro. inside modules/distribution/target. You need to unzip this and set
AXIS2_HOME varible to this location.
have a look at the shell script (bat script) WSDL2C.sh (in axis2/c distro in
side bin/tools/wsdl2c) to see how things works.
Sam, everhing is there in the documentaion, or the same question most
probably have been asked by another user.

-Rajika

--
http://wso2.org
http://llvm.org