axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "David Taylor (Lowell)" <dktay...@F5.com>
Subject RE: When Basic authentication is on, client calls server twice
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 14:18:02 GMT
We also got bit by this bug and have used the recommended fix of adding a missing "else" keyword.
 This has worked for us for several months without issue.  To make it easier for others, I
just attached a patch file to JIRA AXIS2C-1244.  I hope this can make it into the next release
of AXIS2/C.  I hope this helps.
Thanks,
-David

________________________________
From: Gordon Brown [mailto:gordonw.brown@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:14 PM
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Cc: axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: When Basic authentication is on, client calls server twice

Hi There,

I am currently encountering a serious bug that seems exist in axis2/c. I am using version
1.5 and I also tried version 1.6. The bug has to do with the usage of Basic Authentication
in web service client calls. I noticed that the server side receives two calls for each one
client call. This caused problem in server side, because for each call, the server side is
supposed to post data in a database table and then send out emails. Now, for each client call,
the server side post the same data twice and send out emails twice.

This is absolutely unacceptable. This means that Basic authentication is not supported in
axis2/c.

I was browsing the bug database and noticed that there is a bug reported (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-1244)
for this problem. Is there any plan to resolve this issue?

Thanks!
Gordon