axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Uthaiyashankar <shan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: mod_axis and apache problem: starting apache loads 4 instances of web service
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 08:09:30 GMT
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Abdul Sami <asami@folio3.com> wrote:
> Uthaiyashankar wrote:
>>
>> Each instance will load their own service library and serve from them,
>> but they will load only once. What do you want to achieve? If you want
>> to share some data between consecutive requests, then you can enable
>> shared global pool [1] .
>>
>> Regards,
>> Shankar.
>>
>> [1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/axis2c_manual.html#mod_axis2
>>

> What effect the Shared global pool will have on the Service? I have a Queue
> and a consumer thread. I want to have only one consumer thread running.

I am still not clear on your requirements. Why do you want to have
only one consumer thread? If it is due to some other external factors,
then shared global pool will not help. But what you want to achieve is
to share a data between two requests, then you can do it using shared
global pool..

If the limitation is due to external factors, then you have to
configure httpd as you specified in your mail. In that case, service
library will be loaded once and all the requests will be served by
that.

Regards,
Shankar.

--